Saturday, November 20, 2010

[Guest Writer: Krb] Crushed Emotions - A SKKS Fanfic

Author’s note:

One of the funniest scenes to me in Sungkyunkwan Scandal was that of Hyo Eun trying to compose a love letter to Lee Sun Joon. After the many failed attempts and crushed paper balls, she finally decided to pay someone to write it for her instead. And, that someone just had to be none other than our dear Kim Yoon Hee.

I was thinking that it would have been hilarious to take a sneak at what Hyo Eun had drafted. But since we weren’t privy to that, I have done my take on what I think that poor girl would have written… and of course, contrasted that with Yoon Hee’s version.

I hope you’ll have fun reading it. =)

Title: Crushed Emotions
Genre: General, Humor
Characters: Ha Hyo Eun, Kim Yoon Hee
Words: 393
Summary: The love letters to Lee Sun Joon, written by Ha Hyo Eun and Kim Yoon Hee.

o.o0o.o


Dear Young Master Lee,


I’m going crazy thinking of you.

No. That’s too direct. *crushhhhhh*


You are so handsome. Your eyes are so cute.

Aishhh… He doesn’t seem like the kind who would care. *crushhhh*


Do you think that you are indispensible? If you’re going to insist on not visiting me, fine! See if I care!

No, I can’t. What if he really refuses to see me after that? *crushhhh*


I want to be your princess in this fairytale.

Sigh. Do guys even read fairytales? *crushhhh*


I want to marry you so much. I’m sure you feel the same way too.

Hmmm... That sounds exactly like what I want to say, alright. But something still sounds wrong. *crushhhh*


Kindly find enclosed with this letter the sincerity of my undying emotions. I would be grateful if you could allow me a peace of mind by affirming your reciprocation as soon as possible.

Ahhh…That’s too formal. It’s supposed to sound comfortable! *crushhhh*


L is for my love for you.
E is for everything you do.
E is for… is for…

Argh! Why does his name have so many ‘E’s? *crushhhh*


“Agassi, why don’t you pay someone to write the letter for you instead?”

o.o0o.o


Dear Young Master Lee,

I’m sitting here alone, trying to pen my emotions into words. Alas, how am I to do so when no words can adequately describe how I feel?

Every moment I’m with you feels so precious, I’m almost afraid it may end some day. Honestly, it’s a most peculiar feeling that I’ve never quite experienced before.

I know that we didn’t meet under the very best of circumstances, but I’m glad we did anyway. Having you beside me opened my eyes to a new world.

Thank you for teaching me to love myself. Thank you for teaching me to hope for more. Thank you for just being you.

It is not my wish for this letter of mine to burden you in any way. It’s simply meant to convey a simple sentiment, which up till now, I haven’t had the courage to voice; I think I’ve fallen for you.

From my sincere heart,

Kim Yoon Hee
Kim Yoon Sh
Ha Hyo Eun

*crushhhhhh*

o.o0o.o


I’m sorry, Miss Hyo Eun. I don’t think I’ll be able to write that letter for you."

-

11 comments:

  1. Wow, 1st to comment :)
    So Ha Hyo Eun's!!! LOL
    Funny and pleasant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YHee's love letter should have been shown to SJ after he discovered her gender. It is a touching letter, so simple and yet so true to her feelings. I wonder whether YHee got around to write the love letter for HE for money?

    Sleepless in Pittsburgh, PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! Sweet and delightfully funny! Please, if I may suggest...more of Yoon Hee and LSJ & their newly married life. I'm sure LSJ will be a wonderful husband and Yoon Hee having a great time "unbending" his strict and stiff outlook in life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A short piece but nevertheless such a wonderful and poignant piece. Very beautifully written, Lady Krb. Thank you very much.

    Avid fan from London

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was very funny XD

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment. It really means a lot, and I'm so glad to be able to indulge in this SKKS craze with you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hilarity of this piece is priceless, Krb! =P I particularly enjoyed the formal 'Kindly find enclosed...'

    You write the sweetest, most heart-warming pieces. =D I'm so glad you're contributing to Lunar Annals! It wouldn't be the same without you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. While Hyo Eun's version no doubt doles out the laughter, it is Yoon Hee's version that moves my heart. Hers is so sincere and heartfelt. Imagine the heartache she has to endure in the drama because she could not reveal her true feelings as a woman ... Oh, the angst!
    Thank you for a wonderful 'what might have been'. Makes missing SKKS more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaaaaah! I love it, absolutely love it, from Hyo Eun's failed Name Poem to the contrast in dear Yoon Hee's letter, and finally, to Yoon Hee's realization that she could not give the expressions of her letter to the man she loves, since she's not supposed to have feelings for him, and much less as a replacement for her beloved's fiancee! thanks for sharing this with us, i think you did wonderful with each of the girls' feelings and personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it stands to reason that Hyo Eun would have difficulty in writing the letter. She does not know him well; she likes him and thinks she is in love with him but what does she know of him? That's why she is only able to come up with general lines like'''I want to be your princess'''.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Tofu
    Aww, thank you. I'm so glad you allowed me to. I wouldn't be writing fanfic at all if it weren't for Lunal Annals. <3 right back.

    @ Anon 6:24
    Yeah. I can't imagine how it would really feel to write a love letter on behalf of your beloved's fiance to your beloved. Then again, I don't think a love letter could EVER be written without sincerity.

    @ Anon 8:38
    Thanks! I'm glad all that came through in the writing. Haha. The irony of it is that had Hyo Eun dug deeper beneath the surface of her own character and feelings, Yoon Hee's letter would have made sense in HE's context too.

    @ Anon 4:59
    Ahh...crushes of a young girl. I remember a primary school classmate of mine who had a huge crush on this guy. And all over her textbook were doodles of the words Mrs.(Guy's Name). Haha.. Perhaps some things don't change.

    ReplyDelete