Saturday, November 13, 2010

[Guest Writer: Krb] Morning Blues - A SKKS Fanfic


Title: Morning Blues
Genre: General
Characters: Lee Sun Joon, Kim Yoon Hee
Words: 793
Summary: Their first morning married-- so full of promise.

o.o0o.o  
The grey sky was just beginning to light up with slight streaks of pink. His eyes still closed, Sun Joon stirred under the blankets to hug his wife closer. It took a moment for him to register the pillow in his arms instead. Alarmed that the wedding night was just a dream, Sun Joon jack-knifed up into a sitting position.

Except for a lone candle flickering unsteadily at the far corner, the room was still dark. Sensing movement behind her, Yoon Hee twisted around and addressed her husband in a whisper.

“It’s still dark out, 'Arang. Go back to sleep.”

Sun Joon turned his head towards the direction of the voice and found his wife fully garbed and sitting at the dresser. He realized that he’d subconsciously forgotten to breathe and expelled a huge sigh of relief all at once.

Groggily, he looked out of the window in an attempt to estimate the hour.

“What time is it? Why are you up so early?”
His voice was still husky, and he pressed the inside of his wrists to his eyes in an effort to push the sleep away.

Yeorim and Gul-oh, in true brotherly fashion, had forced Garang to down a whole jar of alcohol during the feast the night before.

“It’s a little after 5. And Scholar Lee Sun Joon, have you forgotten? The bride has to prepare the breakfast.” With a smile, she added sympathetically, “Go back to sleep. I’ll call you up later when it’s time to pay our respects.”

In reply, Sun Joon reached over to light the few candles nearest to him, immediately bathing the entire room in a glow of warm yellow light.

“I’ll help you.” The husband offered through his yawn, and made a move to get out of bed.

Walking towards Yoon Hee, Sun Joon paused in his steps to admire his beautiful wife. Her long black hair, yet to be cocooned up in a bun, spilled over her shoulders like satin, catching the light with every movement she made.

Feeling his gaze on her, she tilted her face up to him.
“What?”

But she wasn’t expecting a reply. She knew his answer anyway.

With a small shake of his head and a conspiratorial grin, Sun Joon sat himself down facing her and gently pried her comb out of her hands. Running the comb through her locks, his eyes intently raked the trail the comb left behind.

Yoon Hee’s eyes started to tear. She didn’t believe it possible to love this man more than she already did. But as always, Sun Joon was challenging her beliefs again.

Still in his nightclothes, Sun Joon leaned forward to press a quick kiss on the top of her head before rising up to get dressed. With deft fingers, Yoon Hee twisted her hair into a neat bun and carefully threaded her gold hairpin through.

Something about this particular hairpin made it simple yet extravagant at the same time. With 5 scarlet rubies arranged in the shape of a peony, the hairpin had been Sun Joon’s first gift to her after their engagement. The significance of her accessory choice was not lost on her husband.

Yoon Hee broke the silence.

“Are you sure you’re going to help? The kitchen is a woman’s domain. A lord like you… “Yoon Hee mumbled sheepishly, “…might get in the way.”

“Hey! Look here, Lee Yoon Hee…” Sun Joon retorted before pausing for a moment, liking how her new name sounded on his lips. “Sungkyunkwan was a man’s domain too. But you had to insist on excelling in everything there. If I’m unable to accomplish any of your usual chores, how will I be able to boast that I’m the better man?”

Thoroughly tickled at his response, Yoon Hee went forward to help Sun Joon with his belt. Her arms circled around Sun Joon’s waist and her chin unintentionally, but nonetheless strategically nestled in the crook of his neck and shoulder.

This very action mirrored the incident a year ago when his ex-betrothed, Hyo Eun had presented Sun Joon with her gift at the tavern.

Evidently, his present wife correctly guessed the direction of her husband’s thoughts, because she hissed testily, “Don’t you dare think of Ha Hyo Eun now.”

Utterly amused at his wife’s unfounded stab of jealousy, Sun Joon tipped his head down to look at her disgruntled expression and burst out in laughter. Wrapping both his arms around her, he enveloped her in a tight embrace before planting a tender kiss on her forehead.

“Come on, let’s go prepare breakfast now. Law dictates that we should be punctual.” Threading his fingers through hers, Sun Joon opened the door with his other hand and led his wife out. 

Hand in hand, they strolled to the kitchen while the first rays of the morning sun began to shine through.

21 comments:

  1. Squeeel! Oh soooooooooo sweet, thank you, thank you, thank you. Is it too greedy to ask you to keep these coming? It realy helps sooth my withdrawal symtoms!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krb, you've done it again! =)

    The adorableness of this fic KEELS me and I love how you managed to worm Hyo Eun in there as well. =P I can just picture the look of disgruntlement on Yoon Hee's face!

    ......There'll be more coming, yes?? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....Sweet..,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another fantastic follow up! So warm and tender our OTP. Please, please keep writing, you are such a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!!! I also squeeed the whole time...man, if only they'd fit some of these scenes into the actual drama. You've completely captured of the essence of LSJ and LYH (haha, I too, love the sound of that name) :P keep em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. squeeeee~
    waiting for this..
    <3 u miss tofu and krb..

    ReplyDelete
  7. omo moarrr...please..XD
    this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kyaa...so beautiful. i can imagine the whole scene. i love your stylr of writting. do write more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes, it is beautifull. After all we really dont have enough with the lovey dovey couple in the drama. What we dont have, thankfully and gratefully is being penned by all the gifted and creative writer here with mis tofu. Looking greedily for more..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Anon 9:54
    Haha! I started writing these stories to help soothe my withdrawal symptoms. I'm glad my efforts helped you too.

    @ Tofu
    I am EAGERLY awaiting your Moon Jae Shin pieces!!!! EAGERLY AWAITING!!!! hahaha.

    @ Arwenarya and Anon 10:31
    Thanks for the encouragements.

    @ Anon 10:33 and 12:12
    I'm glad. Truthfully? I squeed when drafting out this piece too. My brother happened to come in and was wondering what's wrong with me. LOL.

    @ Anon 12:18, 3:29 and wanzhaf
    I'll be concentrating next on a continuation piece (2 actually) for the the Yong Ha love-story.

    In the meantime, Miss Tofu, more Jae Shin pleaaaaaaaaaaase? Oh, I said that already. Sorry. =/

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazzinnnnng!! :) :) :) loved it :D thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it ... though it is short but it is so sweet ... Please write more.... especially on Sun Jun and Yoon Hee... hehehe... I love this OTP very much.... hope you have more aspirations to write.. I would love if any writers can write on LSY's 1st time seeing KYH in women dress....
    Thanks again....

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH this is so cute. I miss SKKS so much that now I'm reading fanfics T____T I really like how I could picture the scenes in my head in this fanfic. please write more <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Krb, thank you so much from someone dying to want to read more about SJ and YHee in their early marital life. This is so cute, and so realistically reflects on their characters. I can imagine in my mind the scene where YHee puts the belt around SJ's waist and it's utterly believable that she knows what's going on her husband's mind, though not lovingly nor willingly, of course. The poor chap can't help being reminded of the tavern scene (though I'm shocked a noble woman at that time and age can do such an intimate act with/to a male in public!). I hope to read more of fanfiction on SJ-YHee life.

    Miss Tofu, I'm waiting breathlessly for the JS-YHee piece.

    Sleepless in Pittsburgh, PA

    ReplyDelete
  15. great fanfic....it doesn't hurt for Yoon Hee to be jealous over her gorgeous hubby once in a while....Garang really live up to his name...thanks want more story on my favorite couple in SKKS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've fallen given into temptation and read this (or more like fanfics in generally). Reading this was really refreshing. I really liked your versions of the characters. And for some reason, it almost seemed strange to me that Yoonhee has taken up on household chores but I guess it's a reminder that Yoonhee is a girl afterall. Enjoyed this very much. I look forward to more works from you in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lady Krb! You're new at this? Wow! You kind of remind me of Micky. A newbie who nevertheless received unanimous praise due to excellence. ^_^

    Just one thing though, according to Korean friends of mine, when women in Korea get married, they don't change their surnames. They keep their father's family name. So Kim Yon Hee would still be Kim Yoon Hee, not Lee Yoon Hee. But their children would of course carry the Lee family name. ^_^

    Please make more fan fics! I'm now a fan! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this! Please write more! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. @mandy
    thanks!

    @Anon 5:13
    I know what you mean. Personally speaking though, the drama made our OTP so epic that I found it hard to write much about them-- it was so easy to be disappointed. But I'm sure this won't be the last. =)


    @Anon 7:18
    I KNOW!!! I missed it so much too, and that's how I got stuck with the habit of refreshing Miss Tofu's blogs...before she inspired me to write my own. haha!

    @ Khin Nwe Aye
    Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    @ Anon 9:57
    Yeah! How many guys would drag themselves out of bed to help with chores? haha!

    @milollita
    I heard that it's a korean custom for the bride to wake up on the first morning of marriage to fix breakfast and pay her respects to her in-laws. So I'm guessing that Yoon Hee didn't have much of a choice. And as you said, she is a girl after all. =)

    @ dolly
    Thanks. I'm really glad.

    @ Windblows
    Oh oops. Thanks to sharing that info with me. Looks like some editing is in order. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for sharing this Lady Krb.
    you're truly awesome!
    please keep 'em coming.
    your works are pretty much appreciated. ^_^

    ReplyDelete