Wednesday, December 1, 2010

[Poem] Perfume - A SKKS fanfic

Oh. Dear. God. –is that poetry?
………Nope, it’s worse. It’s EMO poetry. XD

Ah, well, Yoo Ah In writes it, too, so there. =P (Gotta pay a tribute somehow!)

***

#4 in the [10 Moments] series:
Ten different scenarios, ten different women --- ten different ways for Jae Shin to love again. Told in ten self-standing short stories. (Or poem, in this case.)

Title: Perfume
Genre: Poetry, angst (Drama-verse)
Characters: Jae Shin, Cho Sun
Words: 27
Summary: The heady scent of blood and roses haunts him wherever he goes.

Musical inspiration: My Medea by Vienna Teng [Youtube] [lyrics]
---So come to me, my love, I'll tap into your strength and drain it dry...

o.o0o.o

dance
your death on the knife-edge of danger

carve
your lust on my sweat-soaked flesh

inhale
exhale

the bloodsexroses---

(i scratch my sins on your scarlet slips.)

o.o0o.o

Author's Note:

This actually took me a whole friggin' hour to write. I kid you not. After writing and editing and piecing together and taking apart and generally tearing out my hair, I distilled the original 60-70 odd words to the bare-boned 27 you see now. ...As you can probably tell, poetry is NOT Tofu's forte. XP Don't worry, though, it shall be the first and last time I'll be dabbling in this style for Lunar Annals!

Let me know your thoughts (positive or negative) on this, regardless! =D

(Written in the perspective of Cho Sun.)

6 comments:

  1. ::claps:: I applaud your skill in writing emo poetry! And your courage in sharing it ;)

    My favorite line is "I scratch my sins on your scarlet slips."

    It definitely has a nice cadence to it, when I read it out loud. I could envision Cho Sun writing this on silk- yet another poor undergarment sacrificed for the sake of love... Nice job!

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Takenoko:

    =P Haha, thanks... I think? XD Seeing as I never actually write emo poetry --- or poetry, at all, generally speaking...

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, this poem reminds me a little of exotic wine.

    The first time you taste it, you have no idea what's going on. (at least for me.)
    But as you take the second, third, and subsequent other sips, it grows on you. And when you finally finish the bottle, you have to admit that it was all worth the money.

    A whole spectrum of emotions condensed into 27 words. It's beautiful. I'd say that "whole friggin' hour" wasn't wasted at all. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's exactly what Cho Sun would probably do :)
    You kept her spirit! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Krb:

    Haha, you know, you described 'Perfume' in more poetic a fashion than the poem itself! =P Thanks for the positive feedback --- and written as such a lovely metaphor, too! =)


    @NY:

    Yeah, she does seem like the obscure-poetry type, huh? And, like Takenoko mentioned, probably written on silk underwear. XD Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely and obscure and mysterious and dark, just like cho sun.

    more jae shin/cho sun? not gonna lie, they're kinda my OTP :)

    ReplyDelete